Accidental Death Coverage
Discover a low cost way to minimize risk.
- This plan provides a benefit in the event of accidental death before age 80.
- $40 annual premium regardless of purchase age.
- Available to individuals between the ages of 25 and 60.
1. Motorized Vehicle Plan: $50,000 benefit if death of the insured is due to accident while driving, riding, entering or exiting any private automobile. $7,500 benefit if death of the insured is due to any other non-excluded accidental cause.*
2. Level Plan: $23,000 benefit if death of the insured is due to any non-excluded accidental cause.*
* see Fine Print section.
- Additional rider coverage for individuals between ages 0 – 60.
- Up to eight additional individuals can be added under this coverage.
- The benefit amount is $7,500 per individual for any non-excluded accidental cause.*
- The annual premium is $8.50 per individual.
* see Fine Print section.
* Illinois Exclusions- exclusions vary by residence state. See policy for specific exclusions. Benefits are not payable for death resulting from or caused directly, indirectly, wholly, or in part by:
- Injury sustained while the policy is not in force;
- Disease or infirmity of mind or body, or medical or surgical treatment for such disease or infirmity;
- An infection not occurring as a direct result or consequence of accidental bodily injury;
- An act of declared or undeclared war;
- Active participation in a riot, insurrection or terrorist activity;
- The Insured’s commission or attempted commission of a felony;
- Participation in an illegal occupation or activity;
- Any attempt at suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane;
- Auto-erotic asphyxiation;
- Intoxication (as defined by the laws governing the operation of motor vehicles in the jurisdiction where the cause of death occurred);
- Voluntary intake or use by any means of: any controlled substance (unless prescribed or administered by a physician and taken in accordance with the physician’s instructions); or poison, gas or fumes, unless a direct result of an occupational accident;
- Travel in or descent from an aircraft, if the Insured acted in a capacity other than as a passenger;
- Travel in an aircraft or device used for testing or experimental purposes, used by or for any military authority, used for travel beyond the earth’s atmosphere, or engaging in air shows;
- Bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, cliff diving, scuba diving, or spelunking;
- Rock, mountain, or ice climbing;
- Aeronautics (hang-gliding, skydiving, parachuting, ultralight, soaring, ballooning and parasailing);
- A moving vehicle accident occurring while the Insured is engaged in a contest of speed or endurance, organized or not; and/or
- Allergic reaction or hypersensitivity to a condition.